Hello and welcome to the crazy world of my brain.
Follow me if you like the way I think. ;) (that sounded sleazy, wasn't meant to be and I will just shut up now)

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

people that matter. (dedicated to Simone Icough, who probably won't read this anyway)

I don't know what it's like.

Not really.





I don't want to even consider it.

.
.
.


Imagine finding your soulmate, that person you are meant for.
Then out of the blue, they are snatched from you.

It's one of those things that we see other people go through all the time but don't actually stop to think,

This
could
just
as
easily
happen
to
me.

I try to imagine it.
Loving someone more than I love my closest friends.
Knowing someone who will be there for me forever,
then suddenly they are gone.
Taken by nature.

I would hardly be able to carry on living life.
I'd get out of bed each day reluctantly, only out of routine, looking forward to the end of it so I could go back to sleep.
If someone even suggested, "Move on, it's over".... I can already feel the fury I'd feel.


I admire Simone for the strength she is showing in this tough time.

So some people are taken by God.

Then there are others who don't care enough to stay in your life.

Some people mean so much to you, more than you'd ever admit, more than they could imagine.
Yet it seems that they don't value you the same.
They pack up and leave on you.
They say they'll keep in contact, but of course you're the one chasing them up.

Until one day, that close bond that used to exist,
disintegrates
into
nothingness.

Like there never was a bond there at all.

Like my friend Dramaqueen, I am a person who has a support network whom I trust very much and need near me.

There are people in my life who I am sure I would not be able to carry on existing if they suddenly got taken.
Wow, this is getting very depressing. :D <-- smiley at an inappropriate moment.
But if they left my life out of choice, I guess I would have no choice but to move on, just like they did.

Sometimes I wonder, if I suddenly lost contact with everyone, would people bother to stay in touch?
I'm the person who texts first. Who starts an inbox convo. Who calls your mobile when I want someone to talk to. Who home phones you when I can reach nothing else, though I'm probably dead scared of your parents (and homephoning is always awkward). Who arranges to meet you on a weekend when you say, "We need to catch up!" because I actually want to follow through with it*.


 So yes, just a random entry about attachment and people leaving.

*Well, unless you're an extreme pain hahahaa ;)

6 comments:

  1. It's hard when people say they'll keep in touch but never do, and then you're the one who always has to initiate everything. It makes you feel like you care too much, when they don't care at all. Some people just aren't as considerate as others. Hope you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so so so very true. :) thanks, LVC ;)
    well this entry was a little bit.. dwelling on past / dreading future LOL. Not actually directed towards anything, so yeah i'm fine. thanks for asking :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just going to say.
    Don't ever try to imagine it. Loving someone more than you love your closest friends. And then they are gone. Don't waste your time thinking about the negative. Because if/when it does happen, there will be no imagining. It will be real. It won't be like in your head, you won't be able to wake up from it and talk to them again and hang out. They are taken forever, an irreversible ending. So live everyday like it's your last and enjoy the company of your friends. Think about today, not about what might happen in the future. Because the future is out of your hands. It isn't your decision who can stay and who is ready to go to heaven. It is the decision of God and only God, because he always knows best. :)
    Sorry for the really long comment. LOL if it is nearly as the long as the post. That would be funnny and just a tad awkward.
    ILOVEYOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! :D
    I LOVE YOU TOO :)
    xoxxoxoxxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys - thanks for the dedication - I did read it and it made me cry for obvious reasons but also for the affection shown here - life is hard and I miss Chris every single day he was my soulmate as you said - my best friend - my lover - my confidant and last but not least - the best husband a woman could ever want

    Live today like it is your last - you never know you might come home from dinner one night and your life will cease to be

    Simone Icough x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey simone,
    I didn't think you would actually end up reading this but i'm glad you did. :)
    You are one of the strongest people i know and i wish you all the best.
    Xo
    From tiz (the 13 yr old who used to be a co-author of your blog... Who is now 16 o.O time flies).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.