I should be homeworking.
And obviously I am here.
I envy my sister.
She's on the phone with her best friend.
I'm imprisoned in the study with a heap of a Math test and lots of other homework due tomorrow.
Plus, she didn't do an oral today and embarass herself infront of the entirety of my English Class.
Oh yeah.
That oral I mentioned?
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.
:(
I wish I could take back that moment.
See, it started off okay. I think. Well, as okay as an oral could ever be for me.
Obviously, I am a written more than spoken language person. :)
Anyway, then I started to get nervous.
Out of nowhere, my leg starts having a massive crazy spaz attack. Like shaking like it's being electrocuted. And it was making my voice shake too and I could tell that people were noticing.
To the point that I stop talking and reveal my inner craziness by talking to my leg,
STOP IT!
Yeah.
Just your average english oral, you know? Casually telling your leg to behave.
-.-
And I also lost track of my notes and stopped and was like,
"Oh I stuffed it up!"
Man, I'd never been so nervous for an oral before in my life.
And I've never stuffed up quite so badly.
Oh by the way, I admit my speech was inspired by A Little Vertically Challenged's blog entry. Credits to her fab writing.
Plus of course, the visit to the museum that was the focus of my speech (Credits to Haloman and Madge).
Yes, I have a new character!
She should have entered the story leap years ago coz she is coool ;)
Madge is another one of my ever-so-intellectual friends and that friend who knows exactly how to be controlled around adults like my mum. Yeah, my mother loves her.
Now I just gotta link her to this blog. I think I have before actually. hehehe XD
Oh I am so honored to know that I've inspired someone! :) Grazie bella, that made my day. hehe Just out of interest, which blog may you be referring to?
ReplyDeleteOh and don't worry about your speech, I;ve done things like that before too, Once I had a coughing fit which lasted about 2 minutes, and then when it was over, i was crying/laughing/trying to breath all at the same time. It was a disaster :P I'm sure your speech was an epic one :)
xo
hahahha the first one i ever read, about how lankans have stupid rules like not being seen in public with guy friends ;D
ReplyDeleteawwwww ;( yeah i have exp with bad speeches too quite obvsly ;) LOL yeah well i think ppl enjoyed the "nosy curry aunty who isn't even related to me" part ("inspired" or stolen from your blog ;D hahhahaha! There's really no other way to say it!) Shame I forgot my place after I mentioned it :(
Anyways hope u don't mind the little bit that I took (I only credited you here, it would have been .. unusual if I'd said "I now quote a little vertically challenged" LOL.
xo.
ahh yes, I do remember that one :) hehe
ReplyDeletethat's good that they liked it. LOL, yeah that would have been a bit odd. I don't mind in the least bit. By the way, you're blog is like amazing. I'm in love with it! haha
ohhh phhhheeew :D hehee i should have asked first anyway :(
ReplyDeleteLOL i feel honoured now, same to u i can say truthfully! :) Hopefully you don't think I'm a creepy cyber stalker hahaha (jokes who am i kidding, i totally am ;D)
oh btw say hi to sandi for me! :)
Nahh it's all good.
ReplyDeletenaww thank you :) hehe
lol, we got that in common then ;)
course, shall do. tc