Hello and welcome to the crazy world of my brain.
Follow me if you like the way I think. ;) (that sounded sleazy, wasn't meant to be and I will just shut up now)

Sunday, March 6, 2011

stop trying to understand

Ahhaahahaa... I found this old entry that i never finished on my phone and thought it was interesting :) enjoy!
-----

Comparisons.
I hate them.
Especially when it's from your parents.
Pretty bad is, 'why can't you focus on your studies like your friend sara lee?'
Getting worse is 'see the great acomplishment your brother just achieved? We will be expecting that, if not more, from you'
Worst is, 'Back in my day...'
Like please...
GIVE ME A BREAK.
Back in your day, things were MUCH different.
Not having an ipod or mp3 wasn't classified unusual.
Okay I momentarily stopped writing then because well... Something seriously scary happened.

-----
At this point was when the pedo sat next to me and I was shaking all over.

Well i might as well finish this entry, just to prove that I have gotten on with my life. :)

Actually... I remember that what I was planning to write was: 'Back in your day, going out in a singlet top was scandalous and asking for rape'.

But... The whole pedophile experience kind of... gave me more perspective.

Too dam right our parents can't relate to us. In their times, things were wayy waaaay different.
However, some things are the same.
And sometimes... Though we hate what they have to say... they have more experience in life and know the world better than we do. I totally sound like a teen self-help book that some old unemployed woman spent years of her life writing, I know, but... Being mature is about being able to understand our parents' perspectives, I guess.
o.O

Dammit, why can't I be a normal teenager with no self control and the urge to seek thrill and rebel and hurt my parents? Life would be easy. I would be easy. Coz that's what 'normal' teenagers are. Inexperienced in life, reckless and finally... vulnerable.

Our parents love us and want us to have some self-respect... So next time Mum says, 'That skirt is too short', I am going to try not to roll my eyes and put aside my pride to consider if she has a point.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.