A quote stolen from... I have no idea, some media form. I heard this years and years ago yet it is still planted firmly in my head.
From little things big things grow.
A stitch in time saves nine.
What the hell am i on about? Oh lord, i need help.
Oh how I have missed blogging this week.
This is a random blog coz over the week I've had so much to talk about... But it's not like home where I can observe and write.
School is like a jungle of wild animals, just as Cady describes in mean girls.
So we have the... Um... Tigresses and Lionesses. Oh yeah, did I mention they only notice you if you're one of them or if you are their prey? So i prefer not to be noticed. :) untouchably populars of course. No matter how much anyone else fights, lions can't be defeated in the social pyramid, they will always rule socially. And I'm okay with that too.
And then... There are the... Um.. What shall I call them? The sport freaks... The cheetahs and hyenas and leopards? Super fast and fit but of course... Fair is foul and foul is fair. (Oh yes i do casually throw in random shakespeare which I didn't overanalyse before adding so don't go analysing the quote and come to conclusions about what I think about sporty ones. :D)
Then we have the birds. The peacocks, the penguins, the owls, the swans. The beautiful, in spirit, the gifted, the talented. These are the ones who sign up for everything right around this time.. Taking initiative, not sitting around on their bums at lunch and wasting time. I guess I am a bit of an owl and penguin... I TRY not to waste much of my day at school.
Then there are the insects and rodents. They do no one any harm... Yet they are avoided. And pecked at. And put down as much as the others can. Others like woodpeckers.
A group I discovered this week was ... The woodpeckers. The snakes. While everyone else is... Working... Or preening... Or chasing... They seem to be chipping?
It's whatever they can get. Chips off people's confidence. Chips of popularity and glory. Chips off other people's reputations.
And hey, we all have some woodpecker inside of us... Ugly truth.
Which is why, this year, I'm trying to defy woodpecking, not engage in it. And I'm trying to defend the mice and insects. And stay away from the lions and beasts.
And of course... Finally I aim to do well in school academically. Coz that's what we are all there to do anyway, not get caught up in status quo and the social ladder. ;)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
I wonder what I am....
ReplyDeleteBahahahahahaha..xoxoxo
<3 u.
danielaaa