Hello and welcome to the crazy world of my brain.
Follow me if you like the way I think. ;) (that sounded sleazy, wasn't meant to be and I will just shut up now)

Monday, July 18, 2011

Therapy Series 10: distance

d    i    s    t    a    n    c    e

Doyourememberwhenweusedtobelikethis?
:):):):)

Those friends that can read your thoughts
are amazing.


passing notes in class
knowing exactly when you're faking a smile
somehow getting you to pour your heart out and feel amazing about it
sneaking you sly giggles when you're not supposed to laugh
knowing every single detail about you, probably even more than you know.

I'm blessed.
I have lots of friends like this.

As time passes, 
as years pass together,
The bond becomes stronger and stronger



then suddenly,


nothing.

It's not like anyone really did anything wrong,
but suddenly it's like... uncomfortable distance.

And you always think you're probably imagining it.
or you know the distance is growing but you ignore it and hope that things will work out themselves coz it's scary to bring it up justincaseitwasallinyourheadandyoudon'twanttoseemsensitiveorimmatureorstupidorcauseunnecessarytrouble.

know what i'm saying? :)

Sometimes it happens so gradually you don't realise till you feel the elastic band start to break.

And it seems like it's too late.

And it's hard coz you start to forget why you were friends in the first place.

The more you get know someone, the more you grow aware of how different you actually are.
But that's only coz everyone's individual.

The thought of losing someone is,

scary.

growing apart is strange. Though they aren't as big a part of your life, they are still there and life without them would be ... weird.

But sometimes, it seems like there's nothing to do and it's better to do nothing and just let things happen on their own accord.

^

That 
is 
so 
freaking
stupid.
:)

Talk to me. Talk to her. Talk to him. Talk to us.

Then there are times when talking doesn't work.

You talk so much that you have nothing left to say,

but there's no response.

And you wonder why you were friends in the first place.

But even though you might not remember, I remember why we started off being friends.

I'm pretty sure I've definitely said this before, but friendship is a two-way street.

And if you wait long enough, if the person is important enough, they will always come back to you. :)

Otherwise they weren't worth it anyway. :D

That's what I go by anyway.

When I'm needed, I'm needed.

When I'm not needed, it sucks, but I'm here to serve.*

*NOTE: THIS IS FOR FRIENDSHIP, NOT MARRIAGE, JERKS OUT THERE.

Anyway, yeah, that's about all I have to say for today.

Treat distance, it won't last forever. 
If you are trying and it still lasts, they obviously don't value you as much as you're worth so their decision is the best for your own emotional burden.

Set the things you love free and they will always return if they love you as much as you love them. ;)
Let them be a wild thing for now ;D

Making friends with you means I take on all your emotional burdens too.
Maybe I don't mention it coz I know you don't want to talk about it, but it's on my mind every time I see you. 
I wonder if it's still there.

But I say nothing, coz you know I'm here for you if you need me. 

Now time to distance myself from this blog ;)
Btw, this entry is in no way aimed at anyone in particular. When I say "you" and "i" in an entry, it's usually me trying to be more personal and get in your ... cyber face. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.