My parents are masters of reverse psychology.
I have never known anyone else to use reverse psychology as my parents do, but of course, I'm sure most parents have probably mastered this skill.
When I was in grade 6, I was sent to tutoring.
I hated tutoring.
SO
MUCH.
BUT
Their threat to me if I refused to go would be:
"If you don't want to go, we'll stop wasting our money on the classes."
of course, the obvious reaction to this is,
"Well, I don't care because I don't want to go"
But somehow, they managed to appeal to appeal to my intelligence.
Somehow, it was understood by me that if I wanted to be ahead of class, I should go to tutoring.
And with time, I learnt that education is a gift that I should not take for granted.
I stopped hating tutoring,
and LOL anyone who knows me this year knows that I actually love tutoring now.
:xD
Anyway, now I see them doing the same thing to my sister.
She is on the verge of being "expelled" from tutoring by my parents lol.
Because the fear fostered in our family is being the "tutor dropout" child hahahah xD
For all the times I kicked and screamed and went to class in tears because I hated tutoring in grade 6 and in my little pond world, I thought I didn't need it,
I thank my parents so much for the sacrifices they made. It was something like $700 a term in grade 6.
It didn't really do much for me in terms of learning (actually lol... it actually taught me to rebel more than anything else...)
but it taught me that I am only a little fish in a big ocean.
:P
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.