Hello and welcome to the crazy world of my brain.
Follow me if you like the way I think. ;) (that sounded sleazy, wasn't meant to be and I will just shut up now)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The unforgettable chemistry lesson.

I have to record this so i neevvvveeeer ever forget it.
I was actually going to write it down in my diary diary but lol oh well, cbb with real paper and that stuff.

So today we had a chemistry double, in which we did a sac on... energy or some crap like that.
Basically, there was a whole lot of wires and little black boxes that we were hooking to each other... and most of the black boxes had names that ended in "eter" and started with things like "volt", "calori" and "am" 
But ahahhaa that's not important. i mean, I'm not talking about chemistry so I can explain to you how E=Vit works (or whatever it was, I wasn't really paying attention lol).

Anywayyy... Today our teacher, being the risk taker that she is, made us swap around chem lab groups. 
So we were set to work, 
And i was daydreaming when she was explaining how to hook up the circuit thing,
and the other two had similar stories, so we asked the genius physics girl for help. :D

She came and helped us get it working, but in the process, she created mini disaster 1:
the breaking of the measuring cylinder.
I noted that the 100 ml cylinder hadn't been broken to the 100 ml mark, so it was still usable (aka the top had been smooshed, but it was alright, coz it had no numbers on it). 

So we continued on with our experiment, till we realised that we had added the wrong things together xD
And the chemicals were done in exact measurements for us, only 7 had been prepared for the 7 goups.

Instead of admitting our mistake, my teammate (or whatevs... lab partner, I guess) went and told the teacher that we didn't have one.
The teacher questioned  the class about taking two accidentally, and made the whole class look for it.
Meanwhile, the beaker in question is sitting empty, in our sink.

Then she decides to come around and check for herself.
She is about to look into the sink when I start making a fuss about the HCl that I have spilt on my hand, and how I need to put my hand in the sink and make sure the acid comes off to avoid the harmful effects of corrosive HCl on the skin (we weren't wearing gloves today... ;S) 
I wash my hand for 2 minutes till she walks to the other bench to look for the beaker.

While she's gone, my two partners and I discussed what we were going to do with the beaker.
Possible suggestions that came up included: 
putting it in partner 1's pocket and her taking it home
putting it in the cupboard above the bench that no one ever opens
smashing it and destroying the evidence
binning it
putting it back sneakily.

Of these, the last was easiest so that's what we were opted for.
And in this process of decision-making, I go and knock over the already-broken measuring cylinder, chipping off around 30 mL. -.-
The teacher goes off about "once is an accident, twice is negligence! Go and knock on the lab technician's door and apologise and ask for the dustpan and brush".

Luckily the lab guy didn't answer the door lol.

With 10 minutes to go, the teacher is yelling, "If that beaker appears back, you're all in trouble".

So my two accomplices decide that our best bet is to scrub off the label that the beaker contained, wash our the residue and push it to the back of the cupboard under our bench.

And there it still sits. No one shall ever know. Mwahhaa.

I'm going to put a time on this to publish AFTER we graduate. xD 
best chem prac ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.